When people speak of success, they often talk about how they got their career started and how far they were willing to go to reach their goals. One of the ways to reach your goals is to find someone who will personally guide you. Remembering them this month is one thing, celebrating the success you reached with their guidance is another! [Read more…]
Most people engage in do-it-yourself repairs to save money. Some read instruction manuals they see on the internet. However, not everything found on the internet is correct when it comes to household repairs. A number of families call professional help for their plumbing problems as it may be catastrophic if they do it themselves.
While many would agree that pear should be celebrated all year long, there is one particular month when we have all the reasons to celebrate this fruit – December! That’s right! December is National Pear Month!
National Gratitude Month is celebrated annually in November. It’s a month to be more mindful and thankful for all we have and been given.
Gratitude is more than just saying “thank you.”. Gratitude makes us focus more on the positive side of our lives rather than dwelling on the negative. This is why practicing gratitude daily helps us develop a deeper connection to our own self, the people around us, to the world and our Creator.
How we see our lives can be greatly enhanced when we practice being grateful. Research has shown how gratitude can decrease stress, enhance mood and improve our mental health and overall well being. People who practice gratefulness tend to have less stress, less anxiety and depression, are more physically fit and happier. They are also more satisfied with their relationships, either professional or personal. Even kids who practice being grateful perform better in school.
Imagine if everybody practiced gratefulness on a daily basis. It would change everybody’s perspective in themselves and the planet! Everybody would be happier and the world would be without hate. The planet would know peace.
Here are some ways to show your gratitude in this Thanksgiving season.
For the Ones Who Love You
- Do something thoughtful for them that you don’t usually do.
- Give them a long, warm hug to make them feel your appreciation.
- Be there for them whenever they need someone to talk to and give them your full attention.
- Give them a heartfelt gift and tell them why you want them to have it.
- Encourage them to do something out of the norm they’ve been wanting to try.
- Give them a sincere compliment on a skill or a talent that you admire.
For the Ones Who Challenge You
- Resist the urge to say that they are wrong.
- Listen fully to what they are saying instead of just thinking about your reply.
- Thank them for making you see a different perspective even if you still don’t agree with them.
- Tell them that you admire their commitment in what they believe in.
- Challenge them back but do it with love and positivity.
- Use what you’ve learned from your interactions with them, be it courage, patience, or compassion.
- Let them know that you appreciate them for challenging you and be kind and calm when you do this.
For the Ones Who Serve You
- Be patient even if you are in a hurry.
- Let them know that they’re doing a great job.
- Give them a more generous tip than usual.
- Give them a smile when they take your order or assist you in any way. Smiles are free, after all.
- If you’ve been a regular customer, acknowledge your regular server.
- A simple thing you can do for servers is to clean up after yourself if you are dining in at a coffee shop or at a diner. They will really appreciate this.
- Write a good review about their place and recommend them to your friends and family.
For the Ones Who Work With You
- Acknowledge their value and their work, tell them you appreciate their help.
- Offer to help them in some way.
- Buy them lunch, especially when you see them working and haven’t had the chance to grab something to eat.
- Get to know them better and ask about their lives outside of work.
- During stressful situations, be kind and calm.
- Gift them little trinkets to give color to their desks.
- When they are having a bad day, be there for them and listen to their thoughts. If they need space to figure things out, learn to recognize that.
- Little things make a big difference, remember that!
- Make a list of things that you like about yourself.
- Make a list of your achievements.
- Treat yourself once in a while, like going to a salon or a spa.
- Thank the people who give you compliments and let them know that you’re proud of it.
- Compliment yourself 🙂
- Enjoy your passion projects from time to time.
- List down all the positive things you did for the day.
- Let go of your frustration and learn to forgive yourself.
- Go on a date with yourself.
It’s easy to practice gratitude on a daily basis, you just have to be mindful of it. During National Gratitude Month, try to practice daily gratitude. It will not only help yourself, it will also help the people around you. Happy Thanksgiving!
Home improvement projects, like a bathroom remodeling, can be very exciting. Whether you want to make a few simple changes or drastic ones, there are a couple of important things that you should consider before jumping into this project. Make sure your bathroom renovation runs smoothly with this checklist below.
One of the first and most important things to consider is your budget. By determining your budget, it will be easier for you to make decisions in the remodel. Once you have figured out how much you can spend, you can budget for labor, fixtures, tiles, etc.
The time required for a remodel may vary depending on the type and size of the project. Just because it is a bathroom remodel, doesn’t mean it won’t take a long time. It depends on how many items you are changing in your bathroom. Even with one bathroom in the house, you need to budget time for planning. Remember,planning will not only define the duration of the project; it will also detail the necessary steps. This includes the purchase of materials, so that they are available when the contractor needs them.
Design and functionality
Another important consideration for a bathroom remodel is the design and style. How do you want your bathroom to look like? When thinking about the design, you must consider the paint color, showers, tiles, faucets, tubs, etc. If you aren’t sure what style to go with, try doing some research for inspiration. Then, put together elements to come up with the final design of the bathroom.
When thinking about design, functionality should also be part of the consideration. Think about who will be using the bathroom and how it will fit in the rest of the house. Also consider an eventual resale of the house.
Before doing a bathroom remodel, be sure to take measurements. The overall size of the bathroom matters. You must consider the space that plumbing and fixtures need. Be sure to take accurate measurements to avoid buying stuff that does not fit.
Your renovation will not be complete without plumbing fixtures. Make a checklist for the ones to replace or add such as shower, toilet, bathtub, sink, drains, etc. Is the residential plumbing going to be impacted by your renovation? When adding fixtures, make sure to use pipes that are large enough to prevent clogs.
Walls and flooring
Any waterproof material can be used in bathroom walls and floors. Your choice will depend on your budget, style and how durable you want them to be. For flooring, your options include cement, tiles or vinyl tiles. Choose something that is both slip resistant and durable.
Adequate lighting is crucial in a bathroom. Otherwise, it might be downright dangerous. Be sure to plan for lighting adequate to brighten up the room and create an atmosphere. Think about how to maximize natural lighting before adding artificial light fixtures. You may also want to install a dimmer switch so you can adjust the mood in your bathroom.
Cabinets and storage
Planning storage fixtures may not be easy if you have a very limited bathroom space. When adding cabinets, make sure they fit into the available space. They should be functional and accommodate all your stuff while looking stylish.
Doing a bathroom remodel doesn’t have to be an overwhelming task. Refer to this checklist before starting the renovation to help you achieve your desired results. More importantly, be sure to reach out to a licensed contractor to handle the job. If you need help when it comes to the plumbing aspect of the project, feel free to contact Johnson Plumbing.